This is the entry and training grade in this cadre. An officer at this grade will perform a variety of human resource management duties of limited scope and complexity under the guidance and supervision of a more senior officer.
· Assisting in handling Human Resource matters.
· Training and Capacity building
· Implementation of human resource policies, rules and regulations.
· Preparing Discipline, training and other agenda for the County Human Resource Advisory Committee
· Keeping records efficiently and usefully
· Be in possession of a minimum of a bachelor`s degree in any of the social sciences from a recognized university.
· Be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management in good standing.
Application forms and details of the vacancies can be accessed at www.murang’a.go.ke Applications should be submitted to the Public Service Board clearly indicating the position applied for ad reference number on the envelope addressed to:
Murang’a County Public Service Board
Applications can be hand delivered at the County Public Service Board Office located within the County Governor’s office, Murang’a on or before close of business on 8th January 2019.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Women, minorities and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Applicants from other Counties are encouraged to apply
Career Management Centre limited is seeking for an Accountant for one of clients in the food processing industry.
Our client is a national brand leader in the manufacturing and distribution of quality nuts and honey products.
They seek to hire a well experienced and results oriented candidate to fill in the role of an Accountant.
Industry: Food Processing
Reporting to: The Managing Director
· Oversee the general accounting functions to include cash management/reconciliation, financial analysis and reporting balance sheet management.
· Ensure timely and accurate preparation of organization financial statements & reports on regular basis and submit to senior management
· Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
· Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
· Timely debt collection and have discussions with respective account managers on accruing debt
· Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
· Complies with financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
· Approves cash disbursement’s by verifying check amounts against invoices, budgets, authorizing checks, and wire transfers
· Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls, and protecting the organization value by keeping information confidential.
· Meeting financial standards by providing accounting department annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances and implementing corrective actions
· Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost reduction opportunities
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/ Accounting
· 3+ years’ experience in senior accounting role in manufacturing and FMCG set up
· CPA-K, ACCA qualifications
· Excellent communication and problem solving skills
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
· Attention to detail and good record-keeping skills a must
· Experience in Excel, Outlook and Work.
· Proactive with lots of energy
· Male candidates are encouraged to apply
Suitable candidates to send cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd January, 2019.
Career Management Centre is an equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate the Interviewees on the basis of race, Gender, Sex and religious affiliation.
Our client, one of the leading Experiential Marketing Agencies in Kenya is seeking to recruit an exceptional leader to fill the position of Human Resource and Administration Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Human Resource & Administration Manager will be responsible for the entire range of human resource and administration strategies including, talent acquisition, performance management, compensation and benefits, learning and development, employee welfare, asset management and coordination of all office administrative services.
· Provide overall strategic leadership and direction for the development and implementation of effective human resource strategy, policies and procedures.
· Update job descriptions to align with delivery requirements and lead human resource planning to ensure timely acquisition of critical skills required to sustain business strategies
· Develop and implement a clear recruitment process for employees and ensure excellent employee on-boarding and off-boarding processes
· Establish an effective performance management system to motivate staff and ensure development and implementation of creative staff learning and development initiatives
· Ensure implementation and maintenance of a competitive compensation and benefits package for employees; develop and implement employee welfare initiatives.
· Manage service contracts and ensure efficient facility administration including asset management, access control, space allocation, insurance and general administration
· Ensure compliance with labor laws and other statutory requirements and give guidance or consultative support to management and staff
· Manage the HR and Administration budget preparation, utilization and reporting
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, social sciences or related field
· Relevant training in HR and a member of IHRM with a valid practicing certificate
· Work experience of not less than five (5) years in human resource management with at least two (2) years in a senior role
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work and thrive in the creative industry
· Proven ability to plan and manage office administration as well as to keep confidentiality of documents and information
· Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Programs
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit an application letter with a CV including email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by not later than Tuesday, 8th January 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
The Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) is a State Corporation established for the purpose of providing facilities for the College education under the Ministry of Health.
The College has grown to become a premier middle level training institution for medical training in Kenya as well as East and Central Africa region.
The KMTC Board seeks to recruit a competent, dynamic, visionary and experienced person to fill the following vacant position:
Ref No: KMTC/QP-12/EAF/5/2018
Job Summary: The officer at this Level will report to Head of Internal Audit and his/her duties will be to undertake various audit assignments including: preparing audit plans programmes and budgets; reviewing internal control systems on financial and other operations of the college ; ensuring economic , efficient and effective use of the financial and operating systems including computer system, assets; preparing audit reports and maintaining professional audit standards; executing audit programmes; collecting audit evidence; verifying the existence and safety of the college assets; reviewing budgetary controls on the issuance of authority to incur expenditure and commitments; and validating of records and reports; verifying periodical financial returns such as pending bill return, expenditure return, imprest returns, revenue and appropriation-In-Aid return, staff return and vehicle return; ensuring that the college’s physical assets, plant and equipment, supplies , stores are appropriately recorded in the relevant registers and are kept safe custody.
Requirements for Appointments
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
Have a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting OR Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
OR Have Part II of the Certified Public Accountants Examination or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Be proficient in Computer Applications.
Fulfill the requirements of chapter Six of the constitution
In addition, a candidate will be required to submit copies of membership of Professional Registration; Certificates of clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and a Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI).
Applicants whose backgrounds and competencies match the specifications are invited to send their applications, quoting the vacancy position and enclosing updated curriculum Vitae , copies of Academic and professional Certificates, National Identity card and day time telephone contact, to:
Kenya Medical Training College
P.O Box 30195- 001000,
So as to reach him not later than Friday, 11th January 2019
The Kenya Medical Training College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to implementing affirmative action, promotion of National values and Principles of governance. In this regard, women, persons with disability and minorities with the requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Thursday December 20, 2018-Leaders drawn from the Kalenjin community in the Rift Valley region will make a major political declaration in the run-up to the 2022 General Elections.
This was revealed by Baringo Governor Stanley Kiptis, who said the region will make clear on who between Deputy President William Ruto and Baringo Senator, Gideon Moi, is their preferred candidate in the 2022 Presidential candidate.
Speaking on Radio Citizen, Kiptis noted that the rivalry between Moi and Ruto was dividing the region further and that as a community; they will have to make a stand.
"Itakapokaribia 2022, sisi kama jamii ya Kalenjin tutaamua na kutangaza mipango yetu ya uchaguzi. (We will announce our plans and direction regarding the poll ahead of the 2022 elections)," Kiptis said.
Ruto and Gideon are both eying the Presidency come 2022 and depending on the vote-rich Rift Valley to support their bids.
Thursday, December 20, 2018- On 12th December 2018, a Mazda Demio veered off Mbagathi road in the morning hours and killed three people on the spot.
Those killed include two ladies who were in the car and a pedestrian who was jogging.
The driver of the car was rushed to Nairobi Hospital but she also succumbed after spending seven days in ICU.
We can confirm that the driver was a young University student by the name Tracy Wambui Mungai- a student at Catholic University.
Her parents are appealing to the public to help in fundraising to offset the hospital bill.
This has not gone down well with many after it emerged that she was driving under the influence when the accident happened.
Nevertheless, she was a bubbly and free spirit whose life has been short in the most painful manner.
Check out her photos below.
The Kenyan DAILY POST.
Customer Service Associates
Our client, an online dating company that operates 35 niche dating websites based on religion, ethnicity, lifestyle and special interests is looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals to work on shift basis as Customer Service Associates.
· Screening and moderating user submitted content, answering support requests and performing support functions.
· Moderating and screening written user content on Profiles
· Moderating and screening user submitted photos
· Answering Online Help Requests
· Answering Incoming Telephone calls and support requests
· Processing Testimonials (depending on language)
· Various support tasks assigned
· Maintaining high level professionalism with clients
Key Skills and Qualifications
· Must be Internet and Computer literate.
· Degree or Diploma in a business-related field
· Ability to respond promptly to customer inquiries
· A passion for Customer Service with outstanding problem-solving skills, documentation skills, quality focus, as well as information analysis skills.
· Outstanding work ethics (reliable, motivated, professional and ability to work under minimum supervision)
· Ability to handle and resolve customer complaints promptly
· Ability to work with multiple tabs and multiple browsers efficiently in a web browser-based support system (speed and accuracy are important)
· Ladies are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply, send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th January 2019.
Clearly indicate the exact position (Customer Service Associate) applied for and your minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placements.
Vacancies: Quantitative Field Interviewers for CMAM Research Project
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) invites applications for field interviewers/ monitors for a research project on Linking the Community Management of Acute Malnutrition and Integrated Community Case Management.
This implementation research will be carried out in Isiolo and Turkana, applying both quantitative and qualitative data collection methods for nutrition, integrated community case management (iCCM) and health outcomes.
This work will be for four months between January and April 2019.
Minimum qualifications for qualitative field interviewers:
· Minimum of a first degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Social Sciences, Anthropology or related field from a recognized university
· Have proven experience in qualitative and qualitative data collection.
· Be fluent in English, Kiswahili and the local language.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Available for the entire training and data collection period as indicated above
· Be a resident of Isiolo or Turkana County
· Previous experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection.
· Be a resident of Isiolo or Turkana County
· Familiarity and proficiency in using smart phones and/electronic gadgets for quantitative data collection. Previous experience using ODK/Survey CTO data collection programs.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter together with a CV with contacts of three referees to email@example.com.
Indicate on the cover letter the specific community unit within the sub-County where you come from and currently live.
Applications should reach us by close of business on by January 03, 2019.
Applications can be submitted via e-mail as Word or PDF
Please indicate ‘FIELD INTERVIEWER ICCM-CMAM PROJECT’ on the subject line of the email
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
Our Client in the telecommunication industry is currently looking to hire a Project Manager.
Ensuring project implementation as per the laid down standards, Quality and within the budget.
· Management of project implementation teams to ensure delivery of projects within scheduled time and budget.
· Ensure implementation of the projects as per client specifications and quality standards.
· Project Budgeting and cost analysis
· Prepare material projection for projects
· Equipment, Vehicles, Tools, materials and other resources management
· Prepare weekly internal and client reports
· Attend internal and client meetings as scheduled
· Train and develop the team under supervision
· Ensure performance appraisal and review is done to the team
· In liaison with HR & Admin, identify training needs for the team
· Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
· Must have a background in Civil Engineering
· 3-5 years experience in the Telecom industry as a project manager
Our Client is currently looking to hire a Sales Engineer.
They are looking for a talented, highly motivated and customer-focused Sales Engineer to join their company.
To grow sales of compressed air equipment and systems by providing product application, technical and commercial support the Sales process, and end customers.
· Identify prospective customers by using business directories, follow leads from existing clients, and attend trade shows and conferences.
· Acquire and build up customers from industrial companies and dealers.
· Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs and to explain how specific products and services can meet these needs.
· Help or give recommendations to customers based on the customers’ needs, product specifications, and regulations.
· Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections.
· Follow up with customers to make sure they are satisfied with their purchases and to answer any questions or concerns.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Identifies product improvements or new products by keeping up to date on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, industrial engineering or Equivalent.
· Min of 3-5 yrs. In selling of capital equipment.
· Analytical and conceptual skills and proficient usage of selling strategies.
· Willingness to travel, enthusiasm & sociability.
· Excellent communication skills. Both written and spoken.
· Proficiency in MS office products.
· Systematic induction and periodical training.
· Optimal support by our motivated back-office.
· Job security and performance- related remuneration.
· Use of modern EDP tools (e.g SAP S/4).
Area Sales Representative
Our Client is currently looking to hire an Area Sales Representative.
Developing and growing business in the assignment territory, servicing and ensuring all customer requirements are met.
· Achieve monthly and annual sales targets of assigned areas/customers, as agreed with the supervisors.
· Promote, seek and secure timely sales orders for company products and participate in agreed sales and marketing events within the allocated territory.
· To keep assigned distributors, wholesalers and key accounts in area of jurisdiction aligned to the agreed plans and ensure product availability in all outlets within the assigned area.
· Identify new distributors and recommend their appointment.
· Timely collection and accounting for all sales proceeds.
· Timely submission of customer orders.
· Penetration into new markets, develop existing markets through existing and new product listing.
· Contribute in planning and implementation of departmental sales and marketing plans.
· Proposing changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
· Recommend and execute promotional activities on approval.
· Monitor and report customer service levels and product quality for remedial action.
· Prepare and maintain a record of sales activities and other related market activities including, counterfeits competition and advice management accordingly.
· Supervise and give on the job training to sales representatives in assigned area and ensure efficient and effective execution of their daily tasks.
· Ensure designated customers in designated area are within the approved credit terms.
· Consolidate weekly sales reports, daily call sheets and other related market activities including competitor activities.
· Ensure optimum utilization of vehicle allocated and keep it clean.
· In liaison with the Area Sales Representative, supervise merchandisers in assigned area and ensure efficient and effective execution of their daily tasks.
· Any other duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Sales & Marketing Manager or any other authorized superior.
· Diploma in Marketing Management, Business Management or related field.
· Degree in business related field (Added Advantage)
· Strong proven track record of sales and marketing experience in a fast moving consumer goods (FMCG).
· Hands on experience of merchandising and promotional activities.
· Be computer literate in MS Office packages.
· Minimum experience of two years in managing, distributors, modern and traditional trade.
· A clean valid driving license with a minimum of 1 year driving experience.
· Strong communication skills, Presentation skills, negotiation skills, Interpersonal skills, self-initiation, supervision skills.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org